Mobile Technology: Week 3
Week three is here. After receiving feedback from my lecturers and peers, I’ve decided to go forward with prototyping Castle Climber!
- Basic controls implemented. Tap and hold to stop moving, release to jump.
- Three hazards implemented: the archer, the fireball and the wall spike. These are the left-right moving hazard, up-down moving hazard and static hazard respectively.
- Coin counter implemented. The climber can pick up coins in the level. Some coins are awarded for completing a level as well.
- Main menu, game over and level complete screens implemented.
- Created preliminary sprites for the game. I’m testing out an art style which is meant to be reminiscent of very early 80s text-based adventure games like King’s Quest. Let me know what you think about it!
Features to add over the next week
- Object pooling.
- Procedural level generation.
- Level progress meter.
That’s all for week three. Thank you for reading and see you next week!
Subscribe to my mailing list to receive updates about my projects!